Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Grants Associate
The Focus for Health Foundation is looking for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Grants Associate to assist our small, but mighty, team! The ideal candidate is a conscientious, detail-oriented, independently motivated professional who wants to address issues of social justice and racial equity.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Grants Associate is responsible for receiving, processing, and executing the distribution of foundation grants, developing social media and website content around DEI issues, and grantee support and development services for the Focus for Health Foundation. This position requires the ideal candidate to be an active team member, with excellent written and verbal social skills, and ability to work in a fast-past, ever-evolving environment. Duties include:
- Responding to fund holders’ questions and needs about their grants while serving as an outward-facing liaison with grantees, other Foundations, and the public.
- Performing accurate due diligence on incoming grant recommendations received via multiple channels (online donor portal, email, phone, and letter)
- Managing the grants database (Foundant), administering proper financial paperwork, and oversee the transmittal of grant awards correspondence to grantees (Including International wire transfers), prepare correspondence with the Foundation’s Board Executive Committee and attend and present at Board Meetings as needed.
- Sharing professional knowledge with other Foundation team members (including our Sister organization, Segal Family Foundation) about portfolio opportunities, submit online grant recommendations, research grantees, and process grants and attend appropriate networking and education events.
- Developing social media and website content in multiple modalities (infographics, articles, videos, grantee interviews, virtual and in-person townhall events) to educate the public about DEI issues relevant to the grantees and the Focus for Health Foundation.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Four to seven years of related experience
- Ability to track and report on grants management, contributing to reports, and track grants data, including monthly and annual reports.
- The ability to think critically about best practices for grants management, and to problem solve as needed to enhance the Grants Team’s output and productivity.
- An interest and ability to use data analytics to showcase the Foundation’s impact from grantmaking to the Focus for Health.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), database management systems and use of Internet, and willingness to learn customized software. Experience with Foundant and QuickBooks a plus.
The Focus for Health Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity. The position is full time, in-person in Warren, NJ. Travel will be required in the future. Must love learning and discussing ideas and can self-motivate and be able to stay on task independently. Nontraditional thinkers may apply!
If you are a creative flexible person concerned about racial and social issues, please consider applying for this job. Fun work environment, team-based approach to accomplishing foundation goals. Perks include free lunch on Fridays, all day access to coffee, tea, and snacks and on-site gym. Health benefits, 401K, and generous PTO package.
Please state your salary expectations in the cover letter. Writing sample required.
Please send resume, letter of interest, and writing sample to Jenn@focusforhealth.org