Barry Segal, Founder of Focus for Health Foundation
July 30, 2015
I think that it’s great that Posey came forward. I may be delusional but, I’ve put together the below document showing some of the things I feel are important to deal with and since I am 80 (my tennis is declining), I think it’s important to accomplish as many of these points as fast as possible.
- Address the social determinants of disease and how social inequality within populations creates vulnerability to disease.
- Devote resources to identifying which children might be more at risk for vaccine injury.
- Hold regulatory agencies and officials accountable when they hide or withhold information that could affect public health.
- Make sure CDC and FDA employees are barred from moving from government positions to private pharmaceutical employment for at least 5 years to ensure there are no conflicts of interest or financial incentives affecting policy.
- Allow litigation against pharmaceutical companies when those companies are found guilty or plead guilty to fraudulent practices regarding vaccine products.
- Mandate safety testing on catch-up vaccines and multiple vaccines that are given at the same time. Current studies are done on individual vaccines, which is not reflective of the multiple shots children receive when they follow the recommended schedule.
- Mandate safety testing of the flu shot given during pregnancy. Scientists recognize that maternal inflammation during flu harms the developing fetus, but more research is required to confirm that the same inflammation occurring from the flu vaccine does not produce similar negative effects.
- Completely stop the multi-dose vial Flu shot that contains 25 micrograms of mercury per dose.
- Only give babies the Hepatitis B vaccine at birth if their mothers test positive for the disease, which is the practice in many other developed countries.
- Mandate safety testing of vaccines for women who are breastfeeding, since some viruses have been shown to pass through breastmilk.
- Investigate the relationship between thimerosal-containing vaccines and neurological dysfunction, such as tics, since CDC studies have confirmed a connection.
- Provide open access to the Vaccine Safety Datalink to permit independent studies of risk factors.
Stay Informed. . . Stay Healthy!
Founder & PresidentBarry’s successful entrepreneurial career began over 45 years ago with the simple principle of always doing the right thing. When Barry sold his company, Bradco, in 2008, it had 150 branches. Barry continued this mantra in philanthropy as the founder of the Segal Family Foundation, Focus Autism Foundation, and Focus for Health. Each organization and project has something very important in common, a goal to improve the quality of life of as many individuals as possible. Learn more about our founders.