Proud to Support Series
FFH Proudly partnered with Partnership for Drug-Free Kids in 2017.
Founded in 1986 and formerly known as the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, this nonprofit organization is committed to helping families struggling with their son or daughter’s substance use. They empower families with information, support and guidance to get the help their loved one needs and deserves; and advocate for greater understanding and more effective programs to treat the disease of addiction.
The Partnership offers both online resources and direct service and support to families.
At drugfree.org, parents can find strategies and toolkits to help them address substance use; a comprehensive drug guide that helps families understand the changing drug landscape; and information on the dangers of medicine abuse and the current opioid epidemic.
The Partnership’s Toll-Free Helpline, 855-DRUGFREE, is a national service staffed by parent support specialists who help families take effective action and make a plan to help a child struggling with substance use. Additionally, the nonprofit’s volunteer parent coaching program offers families the opportunity to gain insight and support from parents who have “been there” with their own children.
- connects families with each other and with experts, working with them to get the help their loved one needs and deserves;
- listensto families and provide a platform for them to share their stories of struggle and success;
- educatesfamilies about teen substance use and strategies they can use to help their loved one;
- empowersparents to take early and effective action to address their son or daughter’s substance use, providing expert guidance and compassionate support;
- and advocatesfor systemic change in the way our country addresses addiction, including universal evidence-based treatment options for families and their loved ones
For more information, please visit: Partnership for Drug-Free Kids.