Proud to Support Series
FFH has been a proud partner with Haven International since 2011.
Haven International Center for Special Education (Haven) was formed in 2011, with a vision to create a self-sustaining special education Center in Ghana, and ultimately in Western Sub-Saharan Africa, where Autism is diagnosed and treated.
Haven is a global initiative of MyGOAL, a non-profit organization based in New Jersey.
Haven’s mission is to provide services that will focus on addressing the following problems:
- Lack of adequate resources for individuals with special needs in Ghana.
- Inadequate number of trained providers (health, education, social)
How does Haven address this issue?
- By training individual service line providers in the identification of special needs individuals
- By training and supporting caregivers
- -and- By increasing accessibility to resources and tools for service providers and caregivers
To accomplish this Haven provides and plans to. . .
- Increase teacher’s training; increase their effectiveness in identification and education of special needs (intellectual disabled individuals); Collaborate with GES/Ministry of education/Private schools
- Health professional training-Collaboration with the health care teams/Ministry of health
- Parent training, work with existing organizations in Ghana to facilitate parent training program
- Create a resource center that functions as a lending library to support the training and development of individuals with special needs and the providers of these individuals
Please visit mygoalautism.org for more information about MyGOAL and the source information for this page.