Updated May 2019
Social Determinants & Health Equity Associate
Previous experience, medical training, background in public health is helpful. The ideal candidate will lead research, analyze data, read and summarize studies/research papers pertaining to the subject of children’s health, public health, toxic stress, sexual abuse trauma, mental health, maternal health, substance abuse, etc., both in the U.S. and globally. Analytical skills, high level knowledge of Microsoft suite is required. The candidate will research, evaluate, and assist the team in the decision-making process regarding potential projects. Must be a team player and think outside of the box. Our small team thrives on working together and sharing various responsibilities. May attend occasional conferences and meetings out of town.
Only local applicants will be considered. Office located in Warren, NJ – No telecommuting option.
Job Requirements: Full-time 5 days per week, 9am-5pm Mon-Thur., 9 am-4 pm on Fridays.
Please provide a writing sample when submitting your resume.
- Research projects and development of articles and web content geared towards public education;
- General office operations support to the Foundation Executive and team;
- Ad hoc research involving Federal/State law structure, medical journals, variety of credible platforms;
- Support various team projects, participate in team meetings.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Learning mindset, curious and resourceful in your approach to new situations;
- Bold and confident to share your opinions/research with the team;
- Knowledge of social media platforms and ability to understand analytics, office administrative procedures and equipment;
- Strong writing skills, ability to write web content, articles, and edit others work as needed;
- Strong communication and organizational skills; inter-personal skills; ability to multi-task;
- Position continually requires using demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Must have experience using online database resources, social media and various communication platforms;
- Must have a professional demeanor and be able to effectively work with staff at all levels within the organization;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities;
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and see projects through to completion;
- Experience with legal system, medical terminology, public-health issues and non-profits is a plus.
Pay commensurate with experience. We offer a generous employee compensation and 401k/healthcare package, onsite gym, and many other perks!
To Apply: Send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to provide a writing sample when submitting your resume.